Asparagus with Brie
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 (2.2 pound) wheel Brie cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place asparagus in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until
tender but still crisp, about 2 to 6 minutes.
- Drain and place in a shallow baking dish. Lay cheese slices over asparagus.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, bread crumbs and sesame seeds. Sprinkle
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Increase oven to broil. Broil just until bread crumbs are golden brown.
Yield: 4 servings