Asparagus with Honey Garlic Sauce
Each of the flavors in this dish are bold and distinct, but when combined they create a harmony of taste – and honey plays a predominant role. Honey’s naturally occurring organic acids enhance and balance the flavors of other ingredients.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup dark ale or dark beer
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add asparagus to boiling, salted water (about 1 inch) and cook, covered, about 2 minutes or until barely tender. Drain.
- Combine mustard, ale, honey, garlic, thyme and salt; mix well.
- Pour over cooked asparagus.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Honey Board