- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons crushed butter-flavored crackers
- In a skillet, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about
6-8 minutes; drain.
- Arrange spears in bottom of greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish; set aside and keep
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add flour; cook and stir for
- Whisk in cream, bouillon, nutmeg and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat.
Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Pour over asparagus. Sprinkle
with cracker crumbs.
- Broil 6 inches from heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Posted by GourmetGal at recipegoldmine.com.