This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Asparagus with Spicy Nutmeg Butter
If you're looking for a way to put pizzazz in your vegetables, look no further.
Spicy Nutmeg Butter gives a distinctive warm flavor to asparagus spears.
- 1 1/2 pounds medium asparagus spears (about 30 spears)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Garlic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Nutmeg, Ground
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Red Pepper,Ground Cayenne
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- Wash asparagus and break off stalks as far down as they snap easily, about 1 to 2 inches from ends. Arrange asparagus in single layer on large rimmed baking pan lined with foil. Drizzle asparagus with oil and roll to coat.
- Broil asparagus 4 to 6 minutes or until tender-crisp, turning once. Place in a serving dish.
- Stir garlic salt, nutmeg and red pepper into melted butter. Pour over asparagus. Garnish with pine nuts, if desired.
Yield: 5 servings | Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 6 min
Test Kitchen Tip: Asparagus may also be roasted in the oven. Roast in preheated
425 degrees F oven 10 minutes or until tender-crisp.
For 1 serving Calories: 96 Sodium: 150mg Fat: 8g Carbohydrates: 4g Cholesterol:
13mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 2g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):