Nothing says Spring quite like tender spears of asparagus. Combine them with a cheesy sauce in little bread bundles.
- 8 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 1 pound fresh asparagus trimmed, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons capers
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- Seasoned bread crumbs
- Flatten each roll into a 6-inch square. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest.
- Boil asparagus in 1/2 inch water for 2 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Blend cream cheese, milk and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Stir in onions, capers, salt and pepper. Gently fold in asparagus.
- Remove wrap from dough squares.
- Divide asparagus mixture evenly between the squares. Moisten edges of each dough square with water. Bring edges together and twist to resemble bundles.
- Brush lightly with melted butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Prep: 30 | Bake: 20 | Servings: 8
Recipe and photo used with permission from: