Nothing says Spring quite like tender spears of asparagus. Combine them with
a cheesy sauce in little bread bundles.
8 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
1 pound fresh asparagus
trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 ounces softened cream cheese
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoons melted butter
- Flatten each roll into a 6-inch square. Cover with plastic wrap and let
- Boil asparagus in 1/2-inch water for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Blend cream cheese, milk and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in onions, capers,
salt and pepper. Gently fold in asparagus.
- Remove wrap from dough squares. Divide asparagus mixture evenly between
the squares. Moisten edges of each dough square with water. Bring edges together
and twist to resemble bundles. Brush lightly with melted butter and sprinkle
with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Prep Time: 30 | Bake Time: 20 | Servings: 8
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com.