Bacon and Brown Sugar Green Beans
Brown sugar and red pepper flakes add a sweet-heat kick that everyone will ask
for again and again. Double the recipe to make plenty.
- 6 slices bacon (or turkey bacon)
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Del Monte® Cut GreenBeans, well drained
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Place bacon on paper towels. Drain all but 1 tablespoon bacon drippings.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat; add beans, sugar and red pepper flakes. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Top beans with crumbled bacon before serving.
Serves 6 | Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 15 min
If using turkey bacon, add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in Step 2.
Recipe may be doubled. For best browning results, cook beans in two batches before
topping with bacon.
Recipe and photo credit: Del Monte