Baked Mushroom Parmesan
Baked Mushroom Parmesan may be served as an entree or as a side dish.
- 4 large Portabella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce, divided
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red peppers flakes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to broil, with top rack about 4 inches from broiler. Brush both sides of mushrooms with oil. Place mushrooms, gill side down, in a 9-inch baking dish. Broil for 4 minutes, remove and turn gill side up, broil for 4 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from baking dish, drain excess liquid.
- Reduce oven temperature
to 400 degrees F.
- Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce on bottom of baking dish, then place mushrooms, gill side up. Sprinkle with basil, red pepper flakes and the remainder of the pasta sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese and parmesan; bake for 5-10 minutes, until the cheese begins to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Yield: 4 | Serving size: 1 filled portabella cap
Preparation Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 10 min
Nutrition Facts Per serving: Calories: 230; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat:
5g; Cholesterol: 20mg; Sodium: 460mg; Protein: 13g; Total Carbohydrate: 10g; Dietary
Recipe credit: Mushroom Council and MushroomInfo.com
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Side Dish Recipes