Baked Onion Blossom with Dill Sauce
- 1 large sweet onion (Vidalia, Walla Walla or Maui)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon (or more if desired) dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Onion: Peel onion; cut and discard root end. Leaving bottom intact, cut almost through
onion from top down to from 16 wedges. Place on 12-inch square sheet of foil. Bring
foil up and around onion; crimp edges to seal. Place in 9-inch pie pan. Bake at
425 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine margarine and mustard; mix well.
- Remove onion from oven. Open foil; fold down to make a 1-inch high rim around
onion. Brush margarine mixture over onion. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Return to
oven; bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Sauce: In a small bowl, combine ingredients; blend well.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Place baked onion on serving plate.
- Serve with sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.