This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Baked Onions with Sour Cream
- 4 Bermuda or Vidalia onions (about 3-inch diameter)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the unpeeled onions in a foil lined shallow pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 1/2 hours.
- Warm a heatproof shallow serving dish.
- When onions are tender, remove from oven.
Spear each with a fork, snip or cut off both ends, and remove skin. Place the peeled
onions in the warmed dish.
- Immediately add the butter and sour cream so they will melt from the heat of
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss lightly to mix.
These will hold nicely in a warm oven for 1/2 - 1 hour.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 152 Calories; trace Fat (0.0% calories
from fat); trace Protein; 41 g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0 mg Cholesterol;
148 mg Sodium
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/8/01 6:48:12 pm.