Bleu Cheese Grits with Shrimp
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 ounces bleu cheese
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup instant grits
- 1 tablespoon julienne onions
- 1 tablespoon julienne tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon capers
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Grits: Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add grits and stir constantly
for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place 1/2 cup grits into a mold. Place 1 ounce of cheese in the center.
- Add another 1/2 cup of grits to the mold and set aside.
- Sauce: Sauté onions, capers and tomatoes. Add chicken stock and reduce by half.
- Add shrimp and butter, and cook for 3 minutes.
- To finish the dish, sauté cheese grits in 1/4 cup oil until golden brown on both
- Place shrimp on top of grits and pour sauce over grits in a shallow bowl.
- Serve immediately.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Side Dish Recipes