Blue Chile Grits
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 cups milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, diced
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole green chiles, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring milk, garlic, and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil in medium saucepan; gradually
stir in grits. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in blue cheese and butter until melted. Whisk in remaining 1/4 teaspoon
salt, whipping cream and remaining ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 1 1/2
quart soufflé dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for one hour and 10 minutes (center may be slightly soft).
Yield: 6 servings
Grits may be made ahead and chilled. Unmold onto a cutting board; cut into
wedges and place on an ovenproof platter. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Side Dish Recipes