Bourbon Butter Onions
- 4 large sweet onions
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Garlic salt
- Ground black pepper
- PAM Grilling Spray
- Cut off thin slice of bottom (root end) of sweet Vidalia or Maui or Walla Walla
onions so they can stand upright. Remove outer skin and, using a grapefruit knife
or melon baller remove a core almost to the bottom of the onion and about 2 inches
- Spray outside of onion with PAM grilling spray and salt and pepper the outside
of the onion. Place each onion on a large piece of aluminum foil and salt and pepper
the inside of the cavities as well.
- Mix melted butter, bourbon, brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar in bowl and fill
the cavities with the butter mixture. Reserve remaining butter mixture and keep
- Gather the foil at the top and carefully twist to seal the onions in the foil.
Cook over indirect heat on the barbecue for 1 1/2 hours.
- Just before serving drizzle warm leftover butter mix over onions.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.