Braised Brussels Sprouts
- 1/4 pound bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, outer leaves removed and stems trimmed, each cut in half
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Pinch sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the bacon in a pan with a lid that is large enough to eventually hold all
the Brussels sprouts. Cook bacon over medium heat until it releases its fat, 3 to
- Add the onion and cook, stirring every minute or so, until it is translucent,
about 3 minutes.
- Add the sprouts, broth, sugar and salt and pepper to taste, stirring to combine.
Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to low and
cover the pan.
- Cook slowly until sprouts are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Uncover, increase heat to high and bring back to a boil. Cook until the liquid
has almost evaporated, about 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately, or cover and keep warm until ready.
Per serving: 127 calories; 5g protein; 8g carbohydrates; 9g fat (3g saturated
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.