This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Brennan's Texas Cornbread Pudding
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cut corn
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 6 cups crumbled cornbread
- 1 1/2 cup shredded jalapeno jack cheese
- 1 jalapeno sliced (more depending on taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Sauté onion and corn in oil until onion is translucent.
- Combine eggs, cream, cornbread, 1 cup cheese, and onion-corn mixture in a large
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into greased 8-inch square pan.
- Sprinkle top with jalapeno slices and remaining cheese.
- Set pan in water bath, and bake for 1 hour or until firm.