Broccoli Gratin with Horseradish
and Georgia Pecans
Baked vegetable dishes are a perennial potluck favorite and a staple of community
cookbooks. This one combines a familiar green veggie with some delicious surprise
ingredients: pecans for crunch and richness, and horseradish for spice.
- 2 (10-ounce) bags frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper strips
- 1/2 cup Georgia pecan halves
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish sauce
- 1/4 cup dry coarse breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Fresh lemon juice to sprinkle
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a 9-inch round baking dish or pie plate. Thaw broccoli in skillet
over medium heat. Drain well. Transfer to bowl and add red pepper and pecans. Sprinkle
with salt and pepper.
- In same skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Whisk in mayonnaise and horseradish
sauce and cook over low, stirring, to make a smooth sauce. Pour sauce over broccoli,
peppers, and pecans and stir gently to coat. Spread mixture in prepared baking dish;
sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cheese. Dot with remaining tablespoon butter and bake
on top rack in oven for 20 - 25 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm.
Serves 8 | Prep time: 10 min | Cooking and Baking time: 30 min
Nutrition information per serving – calories: 179; protein: 4g; carbs: 8g;
saturated fat: 5g; monounsaturated fat: 6g; polyunsaturated fat: 4g; cholesterol:
18mg; fiber: 3g; sodium 235mg
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Georgia Pecan Commission
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.