Broccoli with Onion-Jack Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese (4 ounces)
- Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 3 pounds fresh broccoli, cut up
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender,
about 8 minutes.
- Stir in flour. Add milk; cook and stir for several minutes until sauce thickens
and comes to a boil.
- Stir in cheese until it melts; season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli until tender-crisp. Drain well.
- Place broccoli in shallow serving dish and top with Onion-Jack Sauce.
Yield: 8 servings
Calories: 158 (23% from protein, 32% from carbohydrate, 45% from fat) Protein:
9.9 grams Total fat: 8.4 grams Saturated fat: 5 grams Cholesterol: 23 mg Sodium:
168 mg Carbohydrate: 13.7 grams Dietary fiber: 4.8 grams
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 meat, 11/2 fat, 1/4 milk
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.