- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chopped broccoli, cooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 6 eggs, separated
- Brown onions in butter. Stir in flour; slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broccoli, seasonings and cheese and cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold broccoli mixture into egg whites.
- Pour into casserole, and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.