Broccoli Walnut Noodles
This is a quick and easy side dish with crunchy walnuts and a zesty citrus and
olive oil dressing.
- 10 ounces noodles, extra-wide, curly, "no yolk"
- 2 pounds broccoli florets and peeled stems, steamed, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup California walnuts, chopped
- Juice of lemon
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- Grated zest of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, ground
- Cook noodles al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Steam broccoli until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add walnuts. Sauté for about 1 minute.
- Combine noodles and broccoli. Add walnut-oil mixture and toss well. Add citrus
juices, zest, and pepper and toss well again.
Total Time 20 Min | Cook Time 10 Min | Serves 4
Optional: Add 1/2 cup diced smoked turkey, low-fat chicken sausage, or
Nutrition: 479 Calories Fat 15g Saturated Fat 2g Monounsaturated Fat 4g Polyunsaturated
Fat 8g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 79mg Carbohydrates 73g Dietary Fiber 9.5g Protein
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.