Broccolini with Pecan Brown Butter
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 pounds broccolini (about 4 bunches)
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots (about 2 medium)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- Coarse kosher salt
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add broccolini; stir to separate and
cook 2 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer broccolini to paper towels to drain. Cool.
- Melt butter in extra-large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic,
then pecans; sauté until shallots are soft, about 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high;
stir constantly until butter is browned and pecans are aromatic, about 3 minutes.
- Add broccolini to skillet and toss gently until heated through, about 7 minutes.
- Season to taste with coarse salt and pepper.
- Transfer to platter and serve.
Do ahead: Can be made 1 day ahead. Wrap cooked broccolini in several layers of
clean paper towels; enclose in resealable plastic bag and chill.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.