Side Dish Recipes
Broccolini with Pecan Brown Butter
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 pounds broccolini (about 4 bunches)
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots (about 2 medium)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- Coarse kosher salt
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add broccolini; stir to separate and cook 2 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer broccolini to paper towels to drain. Cool.
- Melt butter in extra-large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic, then pecans; sauté until shallots are soft, about 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high; stir constantly until butter is browned and pecans are aromatic, about 3 minutes.
- Add broccolini to skillet and toss gently until heated through, about 7 minutes.
- Season to taste with coarse salt and pepper.
- Transfer to platter and serve.
Do ahead: Can be made 1 day ahead. Wrap cooked broccolini in several layers of clean paper towels; enclose in resealable plastic bag and chill.