Brown Rice Stuffing
This is an unusual and tasty stuffing for any poultry. The reserved juice from
the raisins makes a delicious basting sauce.
- 1 1/2 cups golden raisins
- 3/4 cup cognac or Bourbon
- 1 cup butter
- 1 small
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup pine
- Plump raisins in cognac or Bourbon. Drain and reserve juices.
- Sauté raisins briefly in butter; add onion, and sauté until onion is transparent.
- Remove from heat. Add salt, and combine with rice and pine nuts.