Brussels Sprouts with Brown Butter and Hazelnuts
Fit for fall! Enjoy the flavorful results of this short and simple seasonal recipe.
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) Challenge Unsalted Butter
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 cup raw hazelnuts (filberts), chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest (rind of one lemon)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place butter in a small saucepan and carefully heat over medium heat
until the butter is melted, browned and fragrant, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts and hazelnuts with the browned
butter, salt and pepper. Place Brussels sprouts mixture in a single layer on
a nonstick sheet pan (or sheet pan lined with foil or a nonstick baking mat).
- Place in oven and roast for 10 minutes. Check for doneness. Sprouts
should be tender but not mushy. Continue roasting a few minutes more if necessary.
- Remove from oven and toss in a large bowl with lemon rind. Serve
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.