Brussels Sprouts with
Onion and Bacon
- 1-2 pounds Brussels sprouts, cleaned and stem ends cut off
- 2 strips good smoky bacon
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Slice each piece of bacon into 4 long strips, then crossways into a 1/4 inch
dice. Place it in a medium size saucepan on medium heat.
- Stand the onion on its stem end and cut it in half. Lay both halves on the cut
side and slice them into thin ribbons from top to stem end. Add to the bacon in
- When the bacon is about half done, add the Brussels sprouts, and continue cooking
until the bacon is crisp and the sprouts have begun to caramelize on their outer
- Add half the chicken broth, three or four good grinds of fresh black pepper,
cover and let it slowly steam, stirring occasionally. It will gradually lose broth,
so keep adding remaining broth as it needs it until the sprouts are fork tender.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.