Buffet Green Beans
- 5 (16 ounce) cans whole green beans (don't drain)
- 1/2 pound bacon
large sweet onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
center.html" startspan -->
- Fry bacon in a large skillet and remove to paper towels to drain.
- Sauté onion in bacon grease until transparent.
- Dissolve vinegar and sugar together;
pour into onions and bring to a boil.
- Add green beans and liquid. Cook down until
beans are tender. Add a little water if needed.
From the kitchen of Christine C. - Childersburg, Alabama.