This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1 pound homemade-style egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter (saving the remaining 4 tablespoons for the noodles)
in a sauté pan set over medium heat. Add cracker crumbs and cook, stirring often,
until they are brown and crispy, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pot of water to boil. Add noodles and chicken base. Cook
noodles until they are almost soft, but still have a bit of chewiness (different
brands will require different times; check the package for instructions).
- Drain noodles in a colander and return them to the cooking pot. Immediately add
butter, salt and pepper (it's easiest if butter has been diced). Stir gently,
allowing the noodles to soak in the butter.
- Serve quickly, topping each serving with cracker crumbs.
Serves 6 as a side dish.