California Cornbread Dressing
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, sliced (1 rib)
- 1 (6 ounce) box cornbread stuffing mix with seasoning packet
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup toasted sunflower kernels or walnut pieces
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven. Add the sliced zucchini, onion, bell pepper and
celery. Sauté, stirring often, until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add the seasoning packet from stuffing box and water.
- Cover and simmer a few minutes. Remove lid and stir in stuffing crumbs from box,
using a fork.
- Add sunflower kernels or walnuts. Cover and let stand off of the range burner
at least 3 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish, or wrap in thin slices of boiled or baked ham to form plump
Yield: 8 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.