- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot, peeled, chopped
- 1 orange, zested, juiced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Heat grill or broiler. Brush asparagus with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with salt,
if desired. Grill or broil asparagus 3 minute or until tender, turning occasionally.
- In skillet, cook shallots and 1 teaspoon orange zest in remaining oil 2 minutes
or until shallots are tender.
- Stir in 1/4 cup orange juice, maple syrup and chipotle peppers, cook 2 minutes
or until heated through.
- Place asparagus on serving platter. Drizzle with orange sauce. Garnish with orange
zest, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings