I made these two nights ago and they were delightful!
I added extra black pepper and margarine, a little white pepper and a dash of
cayenne and paprika.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked mashed carrots
- 1 cup mashed cooked potatoes
- 2 tablespoons
melted butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour
- Hot vegetable oil
- Combine first nine ingredients, mixing well. Shape into 8 patties and dust each
lightly with flour.
- Fry in hot oil until browned on both sides; drain on paper towels.
Serves 6 to 8.
Posted by Cookin Dad at Recipe Goldmine 7/21/01 3:21:19 am.
Source: Posted by Cory March 2, 2000 (old board)