Carrot and Zucchini Latkes
Skip the potatoes and go for garden-inspired Carrot and Zucchini Latkes. Follow
the recipe. Use your muscles to get all the water out of the veggies.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound carrots, peeled
- 1/2 pound zucchini
- 1 small onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Grate carrots, zucchini and onion using large holes of box grater; place vegetables on center of large clean kitchen towel. Bring up ends of towel and twist together to form pouch. Holding pouch over sink, squeeze out excess moisture from vegetables.
- Place vegetables in large bowl.
- Add eggs, flour, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. For each latke, carefully add 1 tablespoon of the vegetable mixture to skillet, cooking 2 to 3 latkes at a time. Immediately spread each mound into thin circle with back of spoon.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove latkes from skillet; drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining
- Serve each latke topped with 1 teaspoon sour cream.
- Sprinkle with chives.
prep: 20 min | total: 52 min | 8 servings
Substitute matzo meal for the flour.
Latkes can be made ahead of time. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To reheat, place in single layer in shallow pan. Bake in 350 degrees F oven for
10 minutes or until heated through.
Recipe can be easily doubled for a larger crowd. Prepare as directed, doubling
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Side Dish Recipes