This recipe with toasted walnuts is a great way to enliven cauliflower. This
well-balanced dish of cauliflower, spices and walnuts can served hot or cold!
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted California walnuts
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over moderate heat and add the cauliflower. Stir frequently until lightly browned and tender, 15 – 20 minutes. If the cauliflower is not tender when pierced, cover the pan the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the cauliflower from the pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to heat and add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add the garam masala, cumin, chili powder, turmeric and cayenne and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetable stock and tomato paste and stir to blend. Return the cauliflower to the pan, and stir for 2 – 3 minutes, to heat through.
- Add the walnuts, mix well and serve.
Total time 50 mins | Cook time 30 mins | Active time 20 mins | Serves 8
Nutrition: 150 calories Fat 13g saturated fat 2g monounsaturated fat 7g polyunsaturated
fat 4g cholesterol 0mg sodium 60mg carbohydrates 8g dietary fiber 3g protein 3g
Created By Jim Perko - Chef.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: California Walnut Board
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.