Cauliflower "Steaks" Cordon Bleu
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 4 ounces sliced deli ham
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) Wisconsin Swiss cheese, shredded (or 6 slices)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash cauliflower and trim outer leaves, leaving core intact. Cut cauliflower
in half, from top through base. Carefully cut two 3/4-inch wide slices ("steaks") from center of each half (four slices total).
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Place cauliflower
steaks in skillet and brown on each side (2 to 3 minutes per side), turning
carefully. Remove cauliflower steaks from skillet, season with salt and pepper.
Place on baking sheet and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- While cauliflower is baking, prepare mustard sauce: In saucepan, melt butter
over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute. Add milk and continue to
cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and coats back of spoon. Add
mustard and mix well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- Remove roasted steaks from oven after baking time and reset oven to broil.
Top each cauliflower steak with 1/4 of ham slices.. Drizzle mustard sauce over
ham. Top with Swiss cheese. Place under broiler to melt cheese, watching closely.
Yield: 4 servings
the Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.