This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chestnut Turkey Stuffing
- 1 pound chestnuts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery (or heart of 1 bunch), chopped
- 1 loaf stale bread, crumbled and moistened
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Steam chestnuts for 20 minutes to make them easier to shell. Shell and chop them
- In large bowl, lightly toss chestnuts, onion, celery, bread, parsley, oregano,
salt and pepper.
- Add eggs and butter and toss well. If too dry, add little sprinkles
of water. More bread can be added to the stuffing if more volume is needed.
- Fill large cavity and neck cavity and fasten shut with steel skewers.