Chestnut Turkey Stuffing
- 1 pound chestnuts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery (or heart of
1 bunch), chopped
- 1 loaf stale bread, crumbled and moistened
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Steam chestnuts for 20 minutes to make them easier to shell. Shell and chop them
- In large bowl, lightly toss chestnuts, onion, celery, bread, parsley, oregano,
salt and pepper.
- Add eggs and butter and toss well. If too dry, add little sprinkles
of water. More bread can be added to the stuffing if more volume is needed.
- Fill large cavity and neck cavity and fasten shut with steel skewers.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.