Chili Loaded Baked Potatoes
Looking for a weeknight meal that comes together in a snap? These Mexican-style
baked potatoes combine all the fun flavors of Mexico into a meal the whole family
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 8 ounces (227g) fresh crimini mushrooms
- 1 small
onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound (225g) lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package Tex-Mex seasoning
- 2 tablespoons adobo peppers in chipotle sauce, puréed
- 1 can (769 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F/204 degrees C. Pierce potatoes, several times,
with a fork and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until softened all the way through.
- While potatoes bake, place mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal
blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large saucepan, brown mushrooms, onion and beef, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, Tex-Mex seasoning, adobo peppers and tomatoes. Simmer for 15-20 minutes
allowing flavors to combine and sauce to thicken.
- Split baked potatoes lengthwise and spoon in meat mixture.
- Top with black beans, corn cheddar cheese and chopped cilantro.
- Serve with a side of salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 1 hr. | Serves: 6
Recipe used with permission from
Source: The Mushroom Council