- 1/2 pound Chinese pea pods
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Snap ends from pea pods and remove strings.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add peas, water chestnuts and stock. Cover and cook over
high heat 3 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water.
- Push vegetables to one side and add cornstarch
mixture to liquid. Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve with soy sauce, if desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.