This is easy to make and is very good!
- 1 whole chicken, deboned
- 1 box Aunt Jemima Yellow Cornmeal cornbread
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery and leaves, chopped
- 4 boiled eggs, grated
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- About 4 to 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices white bread soaked in small amount broth
- Chicken (from making broth), deboned
- Boil chicken in enough water to make a rich broth.
- Make Aunt Jemima cornbread according to package directions.
- Sauté onion and celery until tender.
- Mix cornbread while warm with sautéed onions and celery. Add eggs, soup, butter
and bread. Mix well with broth, and salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken. Mix well,
having it sort of soupy.
- Put into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish that has been sprayed
with Pam. Dot with small amount of butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until there is a light crust around edge - about 55 to
Submitted to Recipe Goldmine by Peggy Mc. - Calhoun, Louisiana.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.