- 4 tablespoons butter or chicken fat
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups cornflakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, melt the butter or chicken fat. Add onion, green pepper and
celery; sauté until golden and soft. Cool.
- Stir in crumbs. Mix the eggs with the water and pour over the mixture, stirring
- When ready to stuff the bird, add the cornflakes and mix lightly. Pack very loosely
into the turkey cavity because the dressing swells.
Enough to stuff a 16-pound turkey!
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.