Country Sausage and Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 medium-size celery stalks, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely-ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Heat 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage meat and cook until browned,
stirring frequently to break up sausage. With slotted spoon, remove sausage from
skillet to large bowl.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons sausage drippings from skillet. Add margarine or
butter, celery, onion, and red pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables
- Stir in broth, black pepper, and 3/4 cup water; heat to boiling, stirring to
loosen any brown bits from bottom of skillet.
- Add vegetable mixture, cornbread stuffing mix, pecans, and parsley to sausage;
- Use to stuff a 12- to 16-pound turkey. Or spoon stuffing into a 13 x 9-inch glass
- Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes or until the
stuffing is heated through.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.