Cranberry-Pecan Brown Rice Stuffing
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To toast pecans, heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place pecans on a small cookie sheet, and bake 5 minutes. Be careful not to burn. Cool.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, mix cranberries and orange peel with chicken stock and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat a large saucepot over high heat and add margarine. Stir in celery, shallots and poultry seasoning, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Stir in cranberries, orange peel, chicken stock, pecans, parsley, and rice, and cook over medium heat for 3 more minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
Yield: 8 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.