Creamed Peas may be served as a vegetable side dish or as a sauce over salmon
croquettes, baking chicken or ham.
- 2 pounds fresh green peas, shelled
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring 1 cup lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add peas and cook for 6 to 7 minutes
or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook until
smooth and lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in milk and continue cooking on medium heat, stirring often.
salt and pepper. Cook until mixture is smooth and thick, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in cooked peas.
- If not serving right away, keep warm.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings