Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
- 2 pounds potatoes (about 6 medium)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash potatoes; pare thinly and remove eyes. Cut potatoes into thin
slices to measure about 4 cups.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in saucepan over low heat. Blend in flour and
seasonings. Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth
and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring
constantly. Boil and stir one minute.
- In greased 2-quart casserole, arrange potatoes in 2 layers, topping
each with half the onion and 1/3 of the white sauce. Top with remaining
potatoes and sauce. Dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Cover, bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, bake for 60 to 70 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine 6/7/01 5:24:57 am.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.