- 16 ounces chicken livers, drained
- 10 ounces fresh oysters, undrained
- 1/2 loaf French bread, day old, crumbled
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound ground pork, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- Chop chicken livers and cook in boiling water until tender.
Drain and set aside.
- Drain oysters, reserving liquid; coarsely chop oysters. Pour
reserved liquid over bread; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add green
onions and next 4 ingredients, and cook, stirring constantly,
until vegetables are tender. Add chopped chicken livers, oysters,
bread mixture, beef and remaining ingredients; reduce heat,
and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Spoon into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Yield: 10 servings
Per Serving: 372 Calories; 23g Fat (56.6% calories from
fat); 21g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 275mg
Cholesterol; 507mg Sodium
Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable;
3 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.