Crispy Baked Onion Rings
- 2 large sweet onions
- 1 (7 ounce) package corn flakes cereal, crushed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup egg substitute
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Cut each onion into 4 thick slices; separate into rings, reserving
small rings for other uses. Set aside.
- Combine cereal and next 3 ingredients; divide in half, and set aside.
- Beat egg substitute at high speed with an electric mixer until soft
peaks form. Dip half of onion rings in egg substitute; dredge in
half of crumb mixture. Place in a single layer on baking sheets
coated with cooking spray.
- Repeat procedure with remaining onion rings and crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes or
until crisp; serve warm.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/11/01 11:55:39 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Side Dish Recipes