Crispy Barbecue Onions
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1 pound onions, red or yellow, cut into 1/8-inch rings
- Hot oil in fryer
- Seasoned Flour: Mix all ingredients together.
- Onions: Toss onion slices in seasoned
flour, separating rings.
- Deep fry in 365 degree F oil until crispy and dark brown.
- Drain well.
- Presentation: Serve with steak, beans and barbecue sauce.
Yield: 16 servings
Nutrition Information: Per serving: About 239 cal, 3 g pro,
25 g carb, 14 g fat, 53% cal from fat, 0 mg chol, 892 mg sod, 2
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Onion Association
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Side Dish Recipes