Curried Cornbread Pudding with
Sausage, Apples and Mozzarella
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups skim milk
Curried Cornbread Pudding
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package Jones All Natural Roll Sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups day-old cornbread cubes
- 3 cups shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 10 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 Granny Smith apples, cored and thinly sliced
- Pumpkin Sauce: Measure all the ingredients into a small saucepan, stir together and
cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the chopped onion and sausage
until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, then remove from heat. Drain well.
- Curried Cornbread Pudding: Spray muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray. Divide the cornbread cubes evenly among the 24 muffins cups. Next, layer the sausage, then the cheese. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, skim milk, coriander, cumin, ginger, dry mustard,
curry powder and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper. Beat for 5 minutes.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the egg-milk mixture into each muffin cup. Top each muffin cup with 3
to 5 apples slices arranged in a pinwheel.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until pudding is "set."
- Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- For each serving: Run a knife around the edge of the muffin cups. Carefully remove
2 "bread puddings" and set on a plate.
- Serve warm with a pool of warm Pumpkin Sauce on the side.
Yield: 24 muffin cups (12 servings); 4 cups Pumpkin Sauce
Source: An Award Winning Recipe ... 1996 Jones Dairy Farm B&B Recipe Contest
Winner. Featured on PBS-TV's Country Inn Cooking with Gail Greco - from The
Inn at 410, Flagstaff, Arizona
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.