Dried Hay Beans
These beans are still made by many Mennonite families.
- 3 cups dried green string beans
- 1/4 pound bacon or salt pork
- Dash of pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Water to cover
- Soak dried beans in warm water for 1 hour.
- Cut bacon or salt pork into small cubes and fry in a Dutch oven or heavy saucepan
until lightly browned.
- Add beans and partially cover with water. Cook until tender and most of the water
You can also cook fresh green beans this way.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.