- 2 large eggplants
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large jar marinara sauce
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- Peel eggplant and slice in 1/4-inch slices. Pour boiling water over slices and
soak for 5 minutes. Drain. Pat dry.
- Heat skillet. Using 1 teaspoon of oil at a time,
quickly brown eggplant slices.
- Mix crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and garlic
- In large, shallow baking dish, arrange alternate layers of eggplant, crumbs,
spice mixture and marinara sauce.
- Layer mozzarella cheese on each layer.
- Cover top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes.