Eggplant Rollups feature tofu and canned marinara sauce for a speedy side dish.
- 2 medium eggplants
- 12 ounces tofu
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dried, crushed oregano
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dried, crushed basil
- Olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can marinara sauce
- Peel eggplants and slice lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices. Salt lightly and place
on nonstick or lightly oiled baking sheet in broiler about 5 to 6 inches from heat,
for about 5 minutes each side, until just soft enough to be rolled easily.
to cool until able to handle.
- Meanwhile, place tofu, salt and spices in food processor and blend briefly until
- Lightly oil a casserole dish with olive oil and spread a few spoonsful of marinara
sauce in the bottom.
- Spread each slice of eggplant with the tofu mixture and roll
up, then place rolls side by side in casserole dish.
- Cover each layer of eggplant
rolls with marinara sauce, then bake at 375 degrees F for about 40 minutes.