Eggplant Stacks feature a stack of eggplant, tomato and onion, sprinkles with
herbs, then drizzled with olive oil and topped with Romano cheese.
- 1 eggplant, peeled
- 1 large onion
- 2 tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons chopped black olives
- Slice eggplant into 8 rounds. Layer eggplant on bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Place thin slice of onion on each slice of eggplant.
- Place a thick slice of tomato on top of each onion slice.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle basil and oregano over all.
- Drizzle olive oil over and top with Romano cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and black olives.
Yield: 8 servings