Favorite Fried Green Tomatoes
This is one of the South's best recipes!
- 4 to 6 green tomatoes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seasoned, dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Slice tomatoes 1/2-inch thick.
- Combine flour and sugar on a shallow plate.
- Dip both sides of each tomato slice into the mixture.
- Combine egg and milk.
- Dip each tomato slice into this mixture, then into bread crumbs.
- Heat butter and oil on medium-high heat in skillet.
- Fry tomatoes until brown on both sides, but firm enough to hold
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.