Side Dish Recipes
Four Cheese Mashed Potatoes with Wild Mushrooms
- 2 1/2 pounds (6-7 medium-size) Russet baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups (about 6 ounces) chopped mushrooms such as chanterelle, cremini morel, oyster and shiitake
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions with some green tops
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) soft, spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) shredded provolone
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) shredded Fontina
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- Additional shredded cheese for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling water until very tender, about 18 minutes.
Drain in colander.
- Return potatoes to pot and mash with potato masher.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat butter in 10-inch skillet until melted.
- Add mushrooms and onions and cook until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir cheeses into hot potatoes until smooth.
- Add milk to make a creamy consistency.
- Stir in mushroom mixture.
- Place in serving bowl and serve immediately.
- Sprinkle with additional grated cheese, if desired.
Servings: 8 | Prep: 10 min | Cook: 25 min | Serving Size: 2/3 cup
Nutrition information 360 Calories per serving Total Fat 16g Total Carbohydrates
Recipe credit: American Dairy Association