This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
French Bread Sausage Stuffing
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage, casings removed, crumbled
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) loaf crusty French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (12-14 cups)
- 8 ounces red and/or green seedless grapes, halves (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed, dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 3-quart baking dish.
- Heat 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; celery and onion; cook,
stirring, until sausage is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, combine bread, sausage mixture, grapes, rosemary and pepper.
- Add broth; toss until blended.
- Spoon into baking dish; cover with foil wrap.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, until lightly browned, for 25 minutes.